DSS: Department of Social Services
The Australian Department of Social Services is a department of the Government of Australia charged with the responsibility for national policies and programs that help deliver a strong and fair society for all Australians.
The Department of Social Services developed a Siebel based system for handling requests for Aged Care assistance. The system covered all aspects of handling the requests, including screening, assessment, location of service providers and providing feedback to Aged Care Clients. However, the system did not provide an accessible User Interface, which was especially important in line with the Commonwealth Government’s accessibility guidelines and WCAG 2.0 Compliance.
F1 Solutions was engaged after a competitive tender round to supply developers, analysts and expertise in developing the Aged Gateway Portals.
Leading technical support and programming expertise to architect any solution
- Provided a team of .NET programmers and Business Analysts to implement three portals – one for each of Aged Care Assessors, Service Providers, and Aged Care Clients and their representatives.
- Created the connection to the Department of Social Services Siebel System through Service Orientated Architecture.
- Using DSS development standards, F1 Solutions Business Analysts designed the Aged Care Portal in tandem with Price Waterhouse Coopers UX team.
- F1 Solutions Developers spent six months coding the Aged Care Gateway portals using these specifications.
- F1 Solutions Management ensured productivity was maximised throughout the project.
Services: Technical support and programming expertise.
Technologies: .NET, SQL Server, Oracle Siebel, Oracle Fusion Middleware, HP User Story and Defect Management.
We are committed to Long-term Partnerships
This project is currently on-going. In March 2015 the first release live trial site was successfully launched. F1 Solutions continues to work with the Department of Social Services on this project and more releases are expected soon.